Park Avenue was well served by Horton Park railway station which opened on November 1st 1880, just a few weeks after the ground itself. This was right outside the ground, so supporters just had to cross the road.
Horton Park was on the spectacular Great Northern line which ran from the old Bradford Exchange station to Halifax Old and Keighley, trains diverging at the triangular station at Queensbury. The other intermediate stations between Bradford and Queensbury were St Dunstans, Manchester Road, Great Horton and Clayton. Keighley trains subsequently called at Thornton, Denhome, Wilsden, Cullingworth and Ingrow East while Halifax trains stopped at Holmfield, Ovenden and North Bridge.
The opening of the electric tram line from Victoria Square to Horton Bank Top on 27 August 1898 gave supporters a second travel option in Bradford FC’s final season. Trams ran via Morley Street, Easby Road, Dirkhill Road and All Saints Road before turning left into Great Horton Road. So a short walk was necessary. Tracks had been laid in Laisteridge Lane and Horton Park Avenue by 19th November 1898 and these would eventually form part of the line to Little Horton and Wibsey. The city centre end was extended to Tyrell Street by 19th December 1898.
Supporters travelling to Birch Lane could use the steam trams which ran from the City Centre along Manchester Road to Shelf and Wyke. The nearest railway station was Manchester Road. This closed to passengers in 1915.
In reality, most supporters would have travelled to Park Avenue and Birch Lane on foot as the grounds were only a mile or so outside the city centre.