Bradford FC’s association played most of its home games at Park Avenue in its first three seasons, viz. 1895/96, 1896/97 and 1897/98. However some matches were switched to other grounds around the town when Park Avenue was unavailable. Northern Union rugby always took precedence. The alternative venues included Girlington, Apperley Bridge and Lidget Green. However the exact locations of these grounds, which were probably little more than open fields, are unknown.
Bradford’s “socker” players were banished to Birch Lane for their last season 1898/99, but returned to Park Avenue for a couple of games at the end of that campaign.
Click on the links on the left for more information about these two venues.